Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Asaram Bapu should be stoned


Comment
plus
Buy article
Headlines Today correspondent Preeti Choudhry spoke to the father of the 23-year-oldDelhi gangrape victim . In this exclusive interview, he spoke on many issues, including Asaram Bapu 's brazen remark against the girl who was brutally gangraped in moving bus on December 16. Here are some of the excerpts of the interview.

"I'm standing today because people stood behind me. I thank them. I would have fallen if they were not there. I'm a broken man today. I only have the will of the people with me."

On Asaram Bapu: "How can he say what he did? He should be ashamed 'chullu bhar pani mein doob jana chahiye'. He would know if he had a daughter. Would he tell her to resign herself or beg to hooligans! Being a godman he is spewing venom. People should stone him."

On the juvenile accused in the case: "All 6, including the minor, should be hanged! Only death is the right punishment for the crime he has committed. I plead with the authorities that he should get death penalty."

On law named after his daughter: "True honour for my daughter would be if the law gets changed and named after my daughter."

On his daughter: "If I have to do it again, I would bring up my daughter with the same values - independent and fearless like she was. She was ambitious, fearless and proud. She wanted to go home. She wanted that all six be hanged, she told me that in the hospital."

On the night (December 16) of the incident: "We got a call from the Safdarjung Hospital that my daughter had met with an accident. It took us a lot of time to find her. The lady attendant told us what happened and that time there was no police."

"The cops and the politicians have done a lot. They have done their best. We have no complain."

On shifting her to Singapore: "We wanted the best treatment for our child and when advised we agreed. We also thought that if we take her outside India. She will live."

"Sonia Gandhi and the PM came to receive us when we got her body back. We did not know people would have wanted to come for her cremation. We wanted to cremate are as soon as possible. No pressure on us."

Political pressure:"People's anger justified but maybe politicians should have refrained from jumping in."

"I thank the entire country, who joined us in our grief. I urge them to keep the flame burning."

"All fathers should do their best to instil confidence in their daughters. They should make them independent. They should not cower behind this incident."

"We are feeling very alone, don't know how we will go on with our lives - just surrounded in darkness."

No comments:

Post a Comment