Friday, January 6, 2012

Legal Humour


I'm Not Saying You Did 
Thursday, November 6, 2008, 01:17 AMPosted by Administrator, californiapersonalinjuryattorneys.us
==============================================
The Presiding Judge of a Court invited a newly elected Judge over for dinner. During the meal, the new Judge, Judge Thorn, couldn't help noticing how attractive and shapely the Presiding Judge's housekeeper was. Over the course of the evening he started to wonder if there was more between the Presiding Judge and the housekeeper than met the eye. Reading the new Judges's thoughts, the Presiding Judge volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, my relationship with my housekeeper is purely a professional one." 
About a week later the housekeeper came to the Presiding Judge and said, "Your Honor, ever since that new judge came to dinner, I've been unable to find that beautiful silver gravy ladle. You don't suppose he took it do you?" The Presiding Judge said, "Well, I doubt it, but I'll write him a letter just to be sure." So he sat down and wrote: "Dear Judge Thorn, I'm not saying that you did take a gravy ladle from my house, and I'm not saying you didn't take a gravy ladle. But the fact remains that one has been missing ever since you were here for dinner."

Several days later the Presiding Judge received a reply letter from Judge Thorn which read: "Dear Presiding Judge, I'm not saying that you do sleep with your housekeeper, and I'm not saying that you don't sleep with your housekeeper. But the fact remains that if you were sleeping in your own bed, you would have found the gravy ladle by now."


No comments:

Post a Comment