Sunday, January 15, 2012


Vidya Balan


Last updated on: January 11, 2012 16:45 IST   Rediff
Prev
Vidya Balan
Next
Make-up: Shreyas Mhatre
Hair-styling: Shalaka More
Styling: Rajat Tangri
The first time I shot with Vidya Balan was for the 2007 calendar. It was my first interaction with her.
I remember when she did her first movie, Parineeta, she had this Indian look but I found a different glow in her eyes and thought that she could look sensuous.
All my five calendar shoots with her have been in the zone of the sensuous; I have played with her eyes and her expressions.
Somewhere I feel I am responsible for the way people look at her. I have been a big contributor to her sensuous looks. I tried to do something different for her. From the time Vidya has been featured in my calendars, people have asked me how I managed to get this out from her.
We share a different bond. I didn't have to convince Vidya to do this shoot -- we had discussed it and she was comfortable on the shoot. Except for me, the rest of my crew present that day were all women. My wife was also present to do the behind-the-scenes.
Generally, all these years when I have shot with her, she is always seen in the same pose. This time I just wanted her to relax and I played around with the props.
The bathtub and Vidya playing with the foam was the basic idea in my mind. I wanted the picture to be subtle rather than loud as it has been with Vidya all these years. The outcome has just been fantastic.
Vidya is very focused, has a lot of energy and the thing that I like about her is she is ready to experiment. She trusts me a lot and she knows I will not publish any picture of her that makes her look bad and vulgar.
I am very particular about the choice of photographs. After all, it is the actor's image and it is my name that will be associated with the final photograph. I will never publish a picture that the actor is not comfortable or happy with, or even if I am not happy with it.

Image: Vidya Balan
Tags:

Prev     Next
===================================================== http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-interview-with-dabboo-ratnani/20120111.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment