Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"How to make a yurt. What the hell is a yurt? "


'How It's Made' visits the Colorado Yurt Company

See behind the scenes footage of the production of an episode of 'How It's Made' showing how tipis from the Colorado Yurt Company are made.

Sun, Jan 01 2012 at 6:42 PM EST

Check out this quick bit of behind the scenes footage from the production of an episode of How It's Made focusing on the Colorado Yurt Company's Earthworks Tipi. I'm a huge fan of both How It's Made and the Colorado Yurt Company and have been a proud Earthworks tipi owner for the past four years. I put their tipis to the test a few years ago when I lived through a Maine winter in their 26" model. It held up up beautifully and, with the help of a good wood stove, kept me warm and toasty throughout cold nights, blasting winds, and even a blizzard or two.
 
 
The episode hasn't run yet and I'll make sure to share the link as soon as it does. In the meantime you can click over to a post I wrote in 2010 with a video that Colorado Yurt made themselves to show the process of bringing a tipi to life.
 
Congrats to the hardworking crew at Colorado Yurt for their continued success!
 
Are you on TwitterFollow me (@sheagunther) there, I give good tweets.
 
And if you really like my writing, you can join my Facebook page.
http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/wilderness-resources/blogs/how-its-made-visits-the-colorado-yurt-company-0

No comments:

Post a Comment