Thursday, June 10, 2010

Couple fall in love at suicide spot

16:00 AEST Wed May 12 2010
28 days 20 hours 44 minutes ago

A Russian pair have fallen in love after meeting each other at the bridge they were both planning on jumping from to kill themselves.

Despondent over the death of his fiancee on the day before their planned wedding, Andriej Ivanov, 26, went to the bridge in Ufa in central Russia to throw himself over the side, the Sun reported.

When he arrived there he saw Maria Petrova, 21, climbing over the railing to attempt suicide.

About to kill herself after being kicked out of her parents' home for falling pregnant, Ms Petrova was stopped from jumping by Mr Ivanov, who called for her to stop.

"Something in my heart snapped and I couldn't let her do it no matter how broken my own heart was," he said.

"She fell into my arms sobbing and I began crying too."

The couple describing holding each other and talking all night, something they said saved their lives.

"He is my knight and my saviour," Ms Petrova said of her boyfriend.

"All that pain was worthwhile because it led me to my Andriej."

They now plan on getting married.

No comments:

Post a Comment