Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sex-crimes-

Retired Haryana IG booked for molesting lawyer

The molester former top cop of Haryana, S.P.S. Rathore, seems to have got a company from his state cadre itself. As the retired DGP serves two-year imprisonment for molesting teenaged budding tennis player Ruchika Girhotra 20 years ago, now a retired IG's name has surfaced for allegedly assaulting a woman lawyer sexually.

In a grim reminder to the long-winding trial in Ruchika case, the retired police officer- M.S. Ahlawat - has been accused of molesting Arvinder Kaur about eight years ago. He has been booked for intimidating, threatening and molesting the lawyer.

Kaur was allegedly molested by Ahlawat in 2002 in Yamunanagar when he was the superintendent of police of the district. The victim came in contact with Ahlawat when she had gone to meet him in regard with a dowry harassment case against her husband.

"I had gone to meet SP Ahlawat regarding a dowry harassment case against my husband. He promised to help me and called me at his residence where he sexually assaulted me," alleged the victim.

"He had threatened me saying that if I tell anyone he would implicate me and my family in false cases," she added.

For eight years the police did not take any action on the complaint filed by her. It was only after she sat on a protest outside the offices of Haryana chief minister and DGP that an inquiry was ordered.

Now the police have initiated action against the former IG who retired a few months ago.

(Common man finds that Minister, Cop or Priest- no one is free from blame in this regard. Everyone is wearing a mask of hypocrisy)



No comments:

Post a Comment