Monday, June 7, 2010

Kannada films' stuntman kills wife in front of children
Mid-Day.com, Monday June 7, 2010, Bangalore


Shiv Kumar, a stunt master for Kannada films used a heavy block of stone to strike his wife in the head, which left her bleeding to death. He killed her for allegedly having an affair.

The only eyewitnesses to Shobha's death are her two young children 14-year-old Hari Vignesh, and 9-year-old Sonia Lady. Both children are expected to testify against their father.

According to Hari, Kumar took his children to his mother's home at around 3 am yesterday, right after the murder.

His mother Gauramma, to whom Kumar confessed, spoke to MiD DAY and said, "I am disappointed in my son. He didn't have to kill her. I will tell the court what he has done."

"After throwing the stone at my mother, my father took us to our grandmother's house and left us there. I don't know where he's gone. He took his phone and just left us. I will tell the court what my father did," said Hari.

Hari and his sister will stay in their grandmother's custody.

Shiv Kumar was arrested later in the day near Nanjappa Circle in Shanti Nagar.

Inspector Poovaiah, the investigating officer, said, "We will interrogate him today and take down his confession, after which he will be moved to the Central Jail."

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/news/cities/kannada-stuntman-kills-wife-in-front-of-children-30214.php?from=rightpanel

No comments:

Post a Comment