Thursday, March 31, 2011


The picture of a lifetime: Mother captures the magical moment a rainbow forms over her young son's head 

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 9:25 AM on 31st March 2011


It is without doubt the picture of a lifetime: a rainbow forming in all its colourful glory as a young boy looks out over the rocks and out to sea.

Avena Singh realised she only had seconds to capture the image as she and her three-year-old son explored the Shore Acres State Park in Oregon.

But she managed to fire off a quick photograph before the splash from a wave caused the incredible effect to disappear before their every eyes.

rainbow
Stunning: Avena Singh was taking pictures at a botanical garden when a rainbow formed
Mrs Singh, 35, a college worker and amateur photographer from Oregon, was thrilled when she viewed the photos later to see she had recorded the scene in full technicolour. 

'The park is only a few miles from our home and the weather report was for high waves so I knew there was going to be some spectacular shots. The sun was out and the waves were absolutely huge,' she said.

'I had noticed remnants of rainbows once in a while when the waves crashed and was trying to capture them with little success. A couple of photographer friends were with me and got my son, Rishabh, to pose as the waves hit.

'After they took their photos they turned away. I was standing right behind my son and saw the rainbow bend right over him. It was astonishing. I started snapping photos madly hoping to capture it all. 

'The remnants of the wave just fell straight down, and the rainbow disappeared as quickly as it had come. My son stood perfectly still in complete awe of what he discovered, his very own rainbow.

'After I took the photo, I realised my friends had been too busy chatting to notice what happened. I was overjoyed when I uploaded the images to my computer and was able to see them in all their glory, it was something I could never replicate.'

She added: 'It felt amazing. Having my son be right in the middle only made it more special. My children are everything in the world to me and had my son not been there it still would not have been as special.'

 
=============================

No comments:

Post a Comment